Welcome to BeadingBees. My name is Hatsumi Oshitani. I live in Japan. I love off-loom beadweaving.
I think I'm interested in strctures and textures that beading stitches create with seed beads. My inspirations sometimes come from emotion or feeling.
I usually bead, listening to music. I teach beading occasionally.
I like sharing what I come up with other beady friends.
Since 2003, I've been attracted by the beauty of St.Petersburg chain. Here I'd like to thank russian beading and beaders for sharing such a beautiful stitch.
* Beading Around the World Jewelry Crafts Dec.2004
* Romancing the Stone. Bead&Button Dec.2005
* Feathery lariat and necklace Apr.2007
* Galaxy, Ogalala Rose and Stardust Bead&Button Show catalog 2007
* Creative Beading Vol.2
* Sea of Glass BEADWORK April/May 2008
* The Swirling Sun on the cover of Bead&Button Aug.2008
* The Regal reiteration on the cover of Bead&Button collectors edition(Dec.2008)
* "What's the buzz?" (free PDF instructions)on Bead&Button website. (June.2009)
* Creative Beading Vol.4
* Beadwork 41 Favotie Jewelry Designs (Collector's Editon)
* Creative Beading Vol.5
* The Beader's handbook2
* Sleek in Silver on the cover of BEADWORK(Oct./Nov.2011)
* Bead Art (the first issue 2012)
* JAAA BEADS GRAND PRIX 2005 Kasaku
* BEADS Art Japan Award 2006 Nyuusen
* Luminous Blue/Green 1st Place in Seed Bead Jewelry category,
Runner-Up Best in Show, Bead Dreams 2009.
* Butterfly Ruffeles Finalist in Seed Bead Jewelry category,
Bead Dreams 2010.
* Moonlight in the Woods Finalist in Seed Bead Jewelry Category,
Bead Dreams 2011.
* FireMountainGem 2011 jewelry-Making Contests Seed Bead Categoly Finalist.
* Titania Finalist in Seed Bead Jewelry Category,
Bead Dreams 2012.
* Bouquet of Raindrops Finalist in Seed Bead Jewelry Category,
Bead Dreams 2013.
*Bead Art Show at Yokohama2012 Autumn, Kobe2012 Autumn.